Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County is a Veterans Build Affiliate. This means we strive to network with veteran service organizations to better serve the military veteran population in our community.
If you are a veteran and are interested in in applying for a home, find more information here.
If you or your organization wants more information about Veterans Build and partnering with us, email email@example.com.
The five pillars of Veterans Build are:
- Build: Identify the best products (new construction, rehabs, and repairs/barrier-free renovations) that will provide simple, decent, affordable housing and homeownership opportunities for military service members, veterans, and their families.
- Engage: Veterans, military service members, and their families to serve and honor veterans together through volunteer opportunities and veteran focused advocacy in the US and overseas.
- Educate: Promote a better understanding of Habitat for Humanity’s mission among the military/veteran community and support veteran’s access to education and counseling programs aimed at supporting sustainable homeownership.
- Employ: Actively recruiting veterans for Habitat positions and partner with other organizations to support opportunities for veterans through employment, internships, fellowships, apprenticeships and national service opportunities.
- Honor: Identify and support community events that broaden awareness of veterans’ housing issues and volunteer engagement.